Thursday, July 26, 2007



Another attempt at using colored pencils. This was done with Prismacolor colored pencils on Strathmore Bristol vellum paper. I never really cared for colored pencils until I started learning more about them on Wet Canvas. And the types of paper they used. I will say, the Bristol vellum paper is sure different and better to use than the sketching pads I have. Hope to try it on Stonehege paper next. It was interesting using my own colors instead of what was suggested.

Pueblo scene was from a kit by Ann Kullberg. I could not use her suggested colors because I didn't have them, so used what I had. My next attempt may be using her suggested colors since I have since acquired the Prismacolor 120 colored pencil set.

6 comments:

Lin said...

AWESOME DONN!! What a fabulous job of perspective and strong colors!! BRAVA!!!! MORE MORE MORE!

Anonymous said...

Donn!! This is great!! I subscribed to Ann's site for about 3yrs.....I just didn't have the patience...but you've got it down pat!! I think it's great how you used your own colors! deni..;)

Rita said...

Nice work, Donn! Best yet! Rich colors! Good job! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Don!! I love this! The color is so rich and vibrant. I would never have guessed it was colored pencil!! How did you get it so smooth?!!--Carol C.

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous- really nice work.

Linda said...

Hey -- this is a great piece! Even though it is now months later, I'm wondering if you ever tried the Stonehenge paper, too. (It's one of my favorites!) Another paper that's fun for colored pencil is the sanded Colorfix papers. They can be pricey, but if you hunt around you can sometimes fine inexpensive mixed packs in a smaller size. A LOT of fun with CP.