Saturday, June 20, 2009


I'm taking an on-line acrylics course from Andy Walker at http://www.learntodo.co.uk . This is a self paced course with 6 sections and 24 parts to it.
The first lesson was doing a color wheel, which I have done many, so didn't put it up here.
In this exercise, we were to do a value drawing of a scene from the course. So, this is my attempt. In the next lesson, I will be adding color to this painting.
I'm also taking his watercolor course which is divided into 12 sections with 32 parts. Since I have done some watercolor in the past, I did not do any of the exercises in the first 2 lessons of this course. But will be adding paintings from the next lessons.

7 comments:

winna said...

You've got some great roadside on the righ, especially---I would think this would be difficult to do---and the trees look so good too...do you get critiques in this class?

Ash said...

great landscape!I have found landscapes to be among the most challenging of all graphite and charcoal.

caseytoussaint said...

This is really nice, Donn. The values are wonderful.

Art is for the Making said...

I like step-by-step posts and will look for the next step in this piece.

I find landscapes very difficult to do. I like this one!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Donn! Really different. I love ti! Sanna

Designer shoes said...

Bookmarked your website. Thank you for sharing. Definitely worth the time away from the books.

Unknown said...

Hi, I ,Md. Masudur Rahman , am a student of university.I have been suffering from severe diseases for five years.My father is a poor man.He is totally unable to bear my medical expenses. Now I need help from you.Please help me. My address is : Md. Masudur Rahman A/C no: 12521010023727 Prime Bank Ltd. Uttara Branch Uttara,Dhaka-1230, Bangladesh. I will remain greatfull to you. Thanking You.
N.B: my cell number is 01820097486.